Midwest Dance Mechanix has an award winning competition team that we call our "Competition Company". Our Company dancers are a select group of dancers that audition in the summer and train throughout the year in a variety of dance styles. Company dancers attend various conventions, competitions & master classes throughout the year to further their dance education while experiencing a wide variety of teachers, styles and stage experiences.
GOAL OF THE COMPETITION COMPANY:
Our goal for MDM Company members is not only to hone their technique and understanding of the terminology associated with the art of dance, but to instill vital life skills such as hard work, determination, teamwork and how to work well with others. These lessons are integrated into all that we do, both in the classroom and on the stage.
Providing opportunities for dancers to discover, reach their potential is what being a part of MDM Company is all about.
PRIMARY GOALS FOR EACH COMPANY MEMBER:
Learn how to handle both successes and failures; in the studio, on the stage and in LIFE!
Practice what it takes to be successful, both mentally and physically, and broaden the definition of SUCCESS!
Grow in technique and performance quality while building relationships to last a lifetime!
IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT WINNING!
While the competitions we attend focus on short term rankings, our focus on long-term growth goals and important life skills ensures that dancers leave MDM Company with not only the skills to be successful in the dance world, but in any endeavor that they choose to pursue. And THAT is the first place award we desire for each dancer!
FAQ REGARDING COMPANY
WHAT AGES & SKILL LEVELS ARE ELIGIBLE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THE COMPETITION COMPANY?
We offer Company opportunities for dancers ranging in age from age 6 to age 18.
WHAT ARE THE GENERAL EXPECTATIONS OF A COMPANY DANCER?
The Competition Company is NOT a recreational program.
WHAT ARE THE WEEKLY CLASS REQUIREMENTS FOR A COMPANY MEMBER?
• Dancers ages 6 - 11: 1 weekly ballet class and 1 weekly jazz class at MDM
• Dancers ages 12 - 14: 2 weekly ballet classes and 1 weekly jazz class at MDM
• Dancers ages 15+: 2 weekly ballet classes and 2 weekly jazz classes at MDM
• Dancers in select dances may be required to take more than the standard number of weekly ballet and jazz classes.
• In order to compete in a specify style of dance (i.e. Hip Hop, Tap, Music Theatre...), dancers must be enrolled in a minimum of 1 class per week of that style of dance. Enrollment in this style of dance must remain for the entirety of the competition season.
HOW IS PLACEMENT ON THE COMPETITION COMPANY DETERMINED?
All interested dancers are required to audition. Auditions generally take place in May and placement on the MDM Company is based on ability and performance as determined by staff and choreographers.
WHAT OTHER FACTORS ARE CONSIDERED REGARDING ELIGIBILITY & PLACEMENT?
• Only mandatory school activities will be excused for Company. Mandatory activities do not include activities that you have chosen to be a part of (i.e. dance team, debate, theatre, etc.)
• Company members will be expected to strictly adhere to the MDM Code of Conduct and DancerAgreement.
WHAT IS THE ADDITIONAL FINANCIAL COMMITMENT?
• The financial commitment also varies depending on the category of dance a member is placed in. For example, solos, duos, and trios carry a higher financial commitment than larger group dances.
Company Administrative Fees*
Competition Registration Fees*
Out-of-town Convention Registration Fees
Transportation and Lodging costs for conventions and competitions
• Company Fees can be paid in 4 - 6 equal monthly installments.
• Failure to pay Company Fees by the monthly due date may result in suspension from Company until paid.