Our En Avant Youth Ballet Company offers dancers the opportunity to advance and excel in the art form of ballet. Dancers audition for this prestigious program over the summer and participate in a Fall Ballet, Nutcracker, various community performances and have the possibility of attending and competing in various national ballet competitions including the Youth America Grand Prix.
En Avant is not a recreational program. It is a preparatory ballet program,
which helps dancers learn the in’s and out’s of dancing with a professional ballet company.
We are proud to offer this unique program for our dancers as it is the only one of its kind in the area!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
IS EN AVANT A RECREATIONAL PROGRAM?
HOW IS PLACEMENT ON THE EN AVANT COMPANY DETERMINED?
WHO IS ELIGIBLE TO AUDITION FOR THE EN AVANT YOUTH BALLET COMPANY?
• Dancers must be committed to taking classes at MDM and are not allowed to take ANY technique classes at other studios.
• Dancers must have a zero account balance in order to audition for En Avant Youth Ballet Company.
WHAT ARE THE PERFORMANCE OPTIONS FOR EN AVANT COMPANY MEMBERS?
WHAT ARE THE WEEKLY CLASS REQUIREMENTS FOR COMPANY MEMBERS?
• Dancers ages 11 and under: 2 ballet classes & 1 contemporary class per week at MDM
• Dancers ages 12 and up: 3 ballet classes & 1 contemporary class per week at MDM
• For Dancers En Pointe: 2 ballet classes per week en pointe (1 must be a technique class and the other can be a technique class or a specialty class such as Partnering or Variations)
• All En Avant dancers must take a minimum of 1 Progressing Ballet Technique (PBT) class weekly.
WHEN DO COMPANY MEMBERS REHEARSE?
In general, all En Avant reherasals take place on Saturdays throughout the year.